Registration for the 2018-19 School Year is open to everyone. There is no cost to be on the half-day wait list. A link will be provided on this page to enroll, but does not guarantee placement.
Our registration processes:
- For the 2018-2019 School Year.
- Our preschool registration is open to everyone but current families and church members will have the opportunity to register first, beginning on Monday, February 12th. The Community Link is now live! Please see below. Families will be notified of their placement, or wait list status by March 5th.
- We use October 15th as our birthday guideline for each preschool classroom. For instance, for your child to be placed in the two year old classroom, he or she must turn two by October 15th.
- For the two 2018 Summer Sessions.
- Our summer session preschool registration is open to everyone but current families and church members will have the opportunity to register first, beginning on Monday, March 5th. We will then open our registration to the community on March 12th on this site. Families will be notified of their placement, or wait list status by March 29th.
- We use April 15th as our birthday guideline for each summer preschool classroom. For instance, for your child to be placed in the two year old classroom, he or she must turn two by April 15th
- Placeholder for Summer Session registration Portal Link (live March 12th).
- 2018 Summer Session Calendar (there is no summer preschool June 18th – June 22nd).
- Placeholder for 2018-2019 Tuition Rates
Class Placement and Descriptions:
Our infant class serves children beginning at eight weeks old. The teachers strive to meet each child’s individual needs. The babies receive lots of snuggle time and attention! The student to teacher ratio is 4:1.
Our toddler class incorporates more structure. There is a daily classroom routine of play, outside time, songs, art, stories and lunch. In addition to turning one by October 15th, children in this class must be off the bottle and not require a morning nap. The student to teacher ratio is 5:1.
Our two year old class continues to focus on the whole child with a daily routine. Increasing independence, more communication with teachers and peers and potty training are important skills at this age level. The student to teacher ratio is 6:1.
In our three year old class, children need to be potty trained before attending. Children at this age are big talkers and have a longer attention span, therefore activities can be more complex! The student to teacher ratio is 7:1.
Our four year old class continues to be play-based but also incorporates crucial academic skills through the Zoo Phonics and Core Knowledge curricula. Our children also participate in a comprehensive fine motor skills program called Move N’ Write. The children in our program are prepared to move on to Kindergarten or Transitional Kindergarten. The student to teacher ratio is 8:1.
Our Transitional Kindergarten is for children who have completed the four year old program and miss the cut-off date for Kindergarten or for children who might need an extra year before beginning elementary school. It expands and extends from the four year old curricula to challenge children in all areas of development. The student to teacher ratio from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. is 8:1.
Extended Care: We will offer extended care from 8:00-9:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m. for all ages. Pricing options for five days are listed with our tuition rates. If you would like to schedule regular care for one to four days a week, please check in the Weekday Office for alternate pricing and availability. We will also offer drop-in care on a first-come, first-serve basis for $10 an hour. During extended care, the children will have quiet time on their mats and may go to sleep, read, or play with quiet toys.
- Tuition Auto Pay (TAP)–please mail or drop by office once space is confirmed
If you have any questions regarding our half-day preschool program, please call our Weekday Office at 704-366-4030 ext. 129 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 6 p.m. Providence Weekday Education Ministries is located at 4921 Randolph Rd. Please park at the rear of the church campus near the chapel or ball field. Our building has a semi-circle driveway and a sign that says “Children’s Ministry Building”. Please ring the doorbell at the double doors to enter. We look forward to serving your family!